Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Windward Side: God's Country.

The way of the world has worn on me a little this month.  In an elusive, but not so elusive, statement, work has been ridiculous.  I've failed to write over the past four weeks for one reason, and one reason only.  You can't trust anyone.  The story is certainly not worth telling for there is too much at stake and in due time, we will all move on.  What I do know is that my boyfriend is the most amazing man on the planet and through all the BS, I have one thing that no one can take away from me.  True love.  And that makes even the worst of situations, completely bearable.

Not to mention, Kailua has been simply, perfect.  I love the warmth of family during the ensuing months of travel.  It gives you stability, strength and a sense of calm before venturing into the unknown.  Kathy and Jon are amazing.  They have been tremendously helpful as Ian and I have been putting in extra hours at work, which ultimately leads to extra hours in bed.  They've made my pup and I feel so welcome and I'm truly gracious to be part of such a loving family.  The dogs have formed what I am dubbing, The Band of Merry Twits and spend their afternoons romping around the yard, stashing shoes under the house, and creating an obscene amount of caca.  Poor Ruby.  What will she do when Lea and Puna head off on adventure????  If only she could come.

Sorting out details.  That's been our agenda.  And there are a few.  How wonderful it is, to see it all come together.  

On the Hawaii surf front, MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE.  I'm wondering if Lani's will ever be three feet again.  I got a new rip stick yesterday and can't wait to give her a go but I need the ocean to calm the *!@& down.  Tsunami Saturday was the capper!  Ian keeps showing me pictures of head-high, perfect waves in Nicaragua and I long to be there.  Soon, baby.  Soon.  

We've established a little rental property in Gigante for when we arrive.  The casita is well under way but won't be finished when we get there.  Here is vid #2 that was posted about two weeks ago .... 
    

More to come!  Thanks for following everyone.  


No comments:

Post a Comment