Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Forty Year Storm

The heavens rained down for three days straight.  I believe they were crying over my teeth.  The forty year flood of Duluth left us with eleven inches of rain, stranded on Shultz Lake for four days, and the road washed out in two places.  I will always recall this blip of my life with a clap of thunder in the background.  I'm glad it rained.  I'm glad it was stormy.  I'm glad that the haze of percocet and lidocaine and fourteen appointments in three weeks was accompanied by something record-setting.  It felt big.  And it was big.  All of it.  The weather and losing my teeth.  Losing my teeth.  I don't know if I'll ever get over it.  All in good time.  I know.  But damn, this is hard.  It is so fricking hard.  Thank god for my baby.  Thank god for Ian.  Thank god for my family.  And Puna.  And the sunshine after the rain.  The sunshine after the rain .....

1 comment: