Monday, March 18, 2013

Liv's First Birthday

We threw a little fiesta to celebrate Liv's first trip around the sun, as Daddy puts it. Nothing fancy - nachos and cupcakes. We had around twenty neighbors drop by in their post St Patrick's Day stupors and we explained to Liv, that she has the rest of her life to enjoy birthdays where your friends are too hungover from the night before, to get wild on your special day. It was a really fun Monday though, starting early in the morning with back to back cake follies.

So, everyone keeps saying to me ..."oh, your baby's one! Didn't it go by so fast?" But honestly, for me it really didn't. It felt like forever. So many of the last 365 days were so momentous and I feel like I stopped to smell every rose on the block. It's been exhausting and humbling and at times, overwhelming but, she truly is our guiding light. And thats just the truth. Happy First Birthday, Liv Aloha. Your love is radiant.

 

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel you on the 'didn't it go fast' thing- I always say the days are long, but the years are short. I feel like he was born yesterday, but at the same time I don't remember life without him! Love all the updates...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm, the Nica nanny... not diggin it, and by the looks of things Liv can't either. Look at that photo. She's up in arms! I'm pretty sure she's saying, "I want my real tia, this lady smells like guacamole." Happy Birthday my sweet sweet girl. Hang ten, Auntie coming's real soon!

    ReplyDelete