Saturday, June 15, 2013

6.6 Earthquake off the Coast of Masachapa, Nicaragua Today

6.6 earthquake off the coast of Masachapa, Nicaragua today!  Liv and I were laying in bed when all of sudden, I thought people had begun moving furniture next door.  But, then it persisted and I realized what was happening.  We could actually see the townhouse moving!  Liv and I ran outside and the neighbors were on their doorstep, as well.  Exciting, indeed.  Ian has taken me in the golf cart on the tsunami evacuation route a number of times.  Hole 5 on the golf course tees off from the highest point in Iguana.  It's a two-minute ride, up the hill.  Ian is playing in a golf tournament today and I gave him a call to let him know that his earthquake/tsunami text message alert that he recently signed up for actually worked!  So, everyone is safe and sound here.

No comments:

Post a Comment